Friday, October 23, 2009

Catching Up

Okay, one more post solely dedicated to Sarah before we move into other topics. This post is more for my record keeping than anything else. We went to the doctor this week for Sarah's 9 month check up and she did great! (honestly, I fully expected to come back from the doctor's office with plenty of new blog material, but this time the visit was smooth and painless--a rarity, I assure you.)

So here are the particulars for sweet Sarah Grace at 9 months. She weighs 21 pounds, 12 ounces (90th-97th percentile), she is 29 inches tall (90th percentile) and her head (I know you really care about this part.) was 44 cm (50th-75th percentile).

Now I have to pause here and ask about those silly percentile numbers. How accurate can they REALLY be when they can write "50th to 75th percentile". I mean, seriously. Why don't you just tell me that she is somewhere between 1 and 100? But I digress.

So far, Sarah has no desire to crawl, or even to attempt a crawl. She sits up right nice. And she can roll around the floor from tummy to back quite efficiently. I often come in and find that she has rolled herself all around the floor and is lodged in the corner. (Don't even think that I haven't thought about wrapping her in double sided tape so that she can clean my floors of all debris as she happily rolls to and fro.)

We are trying to start more chunky foods, but Sarah is having NOTHING to do with that. Put a chunk of any kind in her mouth and she immediately gags as if I am trying to do a step test and commences a literal blowing of chunks all over the highchair, mommy, floors and anything else in the vicinity. So for now we are taking things slowly. She'll do all these things in her own timing. And if not, I'll just be the only mommy packing strained peas in my Kindergartener's lunch box. Big whoop, right?

Now on to the cuteness. Since I've been blog-absent for so long, I need to post Sarah's monthly pictures with Max the dog. I'll thank you for not pointing out that Sarah's neglectful mommy didn't start taking these pictures until her 3rd month. I may end up having to photo-shop the stinkin' dog into her newborn, 1st and 2nd month pics so that she won't know. Hee.

I am going to post them all below so that you (really I) can see the changes. But know that the changes are very subtle. I promise I didn't take all the pictures on the same day. This girl just doesn't have any hair. I think the dog is starting to look smaller, but beyond that, to me the pics (especially from 6 months on) don't really look that much different. You be the judge:

3 Months


4 Months


5 Months


6 Months


7 Months


8 Months


9 Months


Catch up complete.

1 comment:

momimi said...

I'm with you--they all look pretty much the same. But we won't worry until her high school senior pics. There should be hair by then...tee hee.