Tuesday, October 20, 2009

All About My Sarah-Belle

I absolutely love the picture in my previous post (see below). Sarah's face cracks me up. I had so many captions running through my head that I couldn't pin one down, thus the assignment to allow you all to do it for me! Most of you were way sweeter than I would have been. To me, my darling baby looks like she is either fed up with picture time, agitated at being held, or smells something strange. Either way, it was comedy gold for her Mommy!

So, Sarah. I haven't given her nearly enough time on ye old blog, so this post is going to be entirely about her.

This precious blessing is the EASIEST baby on the planet. I'm convinced. (however we all know that the act of putting that in writing means that I will be dealing with a monster baby for the next few days, but oh well.) I really never thought I could end up with a child who was more laid back than Claire. Wrong. This kid hardly ever cries unless she is tired or hungry.

I also never thought I'd be blessed with a baby would would sleep as well as Claire. Wrong. Sarah goes down for the night at 6:30. Most days, she gets up at 7:00 the next morning. CRAZY!

With all this laid-backedness (that's a word right?) comes one little negative. It is like pulling teeth to get Sarah to smile. Most pictures of her look like this:


Note the finger gesture in the last one? Yeah. That's my girl.

Least you think she never smiles, I will post some really cute smiley pics at the end of this post. Because she WILL smile, but only when she feels you deserve it. Only when you have danced around enough, made the right number of razz noises and goofed up your face to just the proper degree will she curl those corners of her mouth up in approval.

Truth? I think you'd all get way more amusement if I would set up the camera and video myself ATTEMPTING to get a smile out of Sarah. (A video, by the way, that will NEVER be posted on this site!)

So enjoy the following smiles, they take a lot of work, but are sooooo worth it!!



3 comments:

Pigs said...

Aw, I like the last one. And of course the one with the bird. You put that in for me, didn't you?

momimi said...

Sweet Sarah-Belle! When she gives you a smile, you feel you've really done something special to earn it. So really...she's just trying to help us reach our full, smile-generating potential!

Aims said...

Yep, Pigs. I knew you'd appreciate the bird most of all!