Thursday, January 29, 2009


Okay, this has the potential to be a long post because soooooo much has happened surrounding our TV drama. I will do my best to shorten it with the CliffsNotes version in the form of a time line. A-hem . . .

November 19th: Notice initial trouble with TV. Call Geek Squad and schedule service. Are informed that the next available appointment is on December 4th.

December 4th: Geek shows up to examine TV. Upon entry into our home, I describe the problem and he (without even looking at the TV) provides a diagnosis and says he must order parts and will return when the parts come in.

December 24th: Still no word from Geek Squad. Call to check on the status of the parts arrival. Find that the Geek in question NEVER ORDERED THE PARTS!

December 25th: Newly ordered parts arrive at my door. (Seriously, one day after ordering.) So I call Geek Squad back to schedule the technician. Next available appointment? January 4th.

January 4th: New Geek arrives to install parts into malfunctioning TV. While working, he fumbles something and damages our power board. Now TV is completely inoperable and he needs to order another part. Says he'll call when the part comes in to schedule another date to install. (Yeah right, like I'm going to trust that course of action this time around!)

January 12th: One week later and still no word from Geek Squad on the new part. I call to find out that the part has indeed arrived and they can schedule another technician to come out on January 21st--my official pregnancy due date.

January 14th: I go to doctor and find that we are going to induce in two days on the 16th. I also get a call from the Geeks with "good news". They can bump us to an earlier date. January 16th! A great friend offers to come sit at our house while I am laboring so that my pesky birthing plans won't interfere with the technician's schedule.

January 16th: I deliver Baby Sarah early in the morning. Michael has enough time to head back to the house for the 12-4 window so that our dear friend can be spared having to TV-sit. By 2:00, there is still no call from Geek Squad and Michael starts to get nervous. He calls to find out that they think we are scheduled from 4-8. Really? He informs them that he has left his wife and new baby at the hospital so that he can be there from 12-4 as they previously scheduled and that he was staying no later than 4:00, so they'd better figure out how to get the technician out to our house ASAP.

Geek Squad calls the Geek of the day to find that he had us blocked out for the 8-12 time frame and since we weren't home when he called, he simply moved on to the next in line.

As you can guess, this didn't sit well with my wonderful husband. He and the technician went back through our little timeline of TV drama and agreed that the best course of action was for them to simply replace our TV. They were going to have to schedule someone to come out and pick up the TV and who knows when that would take place, so Michael assumed the role of "Geek" and delivered the TV to Best Buy himself. As a result, we finally have this:

Ahhhhh . . . . just in time for my arrival home from the hospital. It's amazing how dependant we can become on these little inventions. They certainly come in handy when you need to entertain a toddler while you feed an infant a zillion times a day.

The Geek Squad better be glad it was remedied before I came home. I guarantee the last person they want to speak to about this issue is a hormonal, postpartum female with two screaming kids in the background.

Okay, I am off to watch TV.

No comments: