Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Still Alive

Well, yesterday was my first day on my own with the girls. I almost hesitate to say it, but the day was pretty smooth. Only time will tell if that will be the norm or a fluke. I'm hoping for the former.

You know, everyone talks about how the second child gets cheated in the pictures department. I think I now know why. When you have your first baby, EVERYTHING they do is fascinating and MUST be captured in picture.

"Ooooh, she turned her head towards me!!!" CLICK

"Ahhhhh, look at the way she is sleeping!!" CLICK

"What a perfect swaddle!!" CLICK

But once that little darling gets a little older and you get to experience smiles, laughs and such you realize just how boring an infant truly is and have little desire to take such boring shots. It has nothing to do with a lack of love for the second baby. I'm sure they'll get plenty of camera time when they can perform enough to deserve it.

Below are pictures from a recent home-photog session. Claire's pictures are so entertaining to me. Sweet little Sarah? Well, bless her heart, her pics are quite dull. Oh well.








3 comments:

Pigs said...

I know! I'm trying SO hard to take pictures of Pigpen. It's getting much easier now that he's doing stuff. But the early ones all looked just like Piglet's first ones. I can't tell who's who even. I mean, they're in the same seats, same clothes. I'll just tell Piglet some of those are him when he's older. I am trying really hard to do his baby book though. To be fair.

Anonymous said...

I'm LOVING the one with Claire holding Sarah. I toldya!

Tammy said...

Oh it is not going to be smooth sailing every time, believe me! Maybe girls are different, but I can't be at the store for more than 30 minutes with both, or everyone will know we are there! :0 Those are such sweet pics... ALL of them!