Monday, January 12, 2009

Letter to The Geek Squad

Dear Geek Squad:

I don't think you realize just how hard it is on a woman in her 9th month of pregnancy to have to live with a toddler and no TV. After our call to you prior to Thanksgiving, I was certainly hoping that our practically brand new TV would be fully functioning by January 12th.

After your first technician came out in early December to assess the problem and order the part, I felt like things were really moving along. That is, until I called back at the end of December to find out that he had yet to order the necessary parts.

I was pleased that the part came in overnight, however, disappointed to learn that we couldn't schedule the next technician until 2 weeks later.

Upon his arrival, my daughter and I were thrilled to see him coming to repair our beloved TV so that we could get back to our breakfast and Sesame Street routine. Interestingly enough, the wonderful technician fumbled the install leaving us with a TV that had a damaged power board. Hmmmmm.

Normally I would assume that you would do everything in your power to make sure that this error on your part was corrected as soon as possible, however it has been over a week and we still have not heard from you or your technician except to say it could be as late as January 21st before he gets back to us.

Again, can I stress to you how much a TV would come in handy to entertain my daughter while I am timing contractions?

Sincerely frustrated,
Aims



Okay, so I am not sending this letter, but once all is said and done, I will be formulating some sort of letter. This is ridiculous, folks. I will say that we are blessed to have a TV in our bedroom. Although it is set really high up on a chest of drawers. So the only way Claire can see it without breaking her neck is to sit on our REALLY high bed. It does make for cute Daddy/Daughter pics though. Here are Michael and Claire watching a riveting episode of Blue's Clues:

1 comment:

Pigs said...

Send it! Just like that! It's awesomely snarky and delicious.