Monday, December 8, 2008

Sleeping Through The Night

I slept through the night last night! Yeah, baby!

Normally this isn't an issue with me as I am a very good sleeper, but third-trimester issues seem to put a cramp (literally) in my sleep patterns. I have become accustomed to waking at least 4 times each night to pee thanks to Sarah's utilizing my bladder as a cozy bean bag chair. Then I can usually attribute about two additional wake up sessions to leg cramps.

But last night? I fell asleep around 10:00 and didn't wake for the first time until 5:00!!! Now that's still too early a wake up time, so I rolled over and went right back to sleep, but we're talking 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep folks. What a treat. Now we won't mention that most of it was on my back . . . . a major pregnancy "NO, NO". But that part wasn't on purpose. I fell asleep on my side like a good little girl so I don't think I should be held accountable for switching to the forbidden sleep position while unconscious.

We have a sonogram on Wednesday to see just how big Sarah is getting. If you ask me, she is about 12 pounds right now. Or at least that's the way it feels. We'll see, stay tuned.

No comments: