Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've Put It Off Long Enough . . . .

I have resisted blogging about our transfer of Claire from her nursery to her big girl room for fear that I would jinx us on how well it was going. However, it has been over a month since we made the move and she is still going strong.

In fairness, I did quite a bit of praying before the move so I can't take the credit for how well she is doing. But it is nice nonetheless.

We wanted to make sure we switched her room early so that she would have plenty of time to adjust to the new environment before Baby Sarah arrives and takes over the nursery.

So we worked for a couple of weeks on room decor and got her bed all set up. We decided to get her a double bed frame since our guest bed was a double and we didn't really see the point of throwing out a double mattress just to purchase a twin and trundle. So my tiny baby is rattling around in a massive double bed. Quite the change from her tiny crib space. We pushed the bed up against one wall and placed a bed rail on the other side so she is pretty boxed in for safety. So far, she hasn't fallen out or even tried to leave the room. Granted, we put a child safety lock on the door knob so if she ever does try to escape the room, she won't be able to . . . that is until she figures out how to work the lock.

We are thrilled that so far, she sleeps in this new room as if she was always supposed to be there. I just hope that continues!

Here are some pictures of her new room. Be sure to check out how talented my Dad is. For Claire's Christmas present, I requested that he build her a bookcase for her room. As always, his talent and creativity was OVERWHELMING and the bookcase is more precious than I could have ever imagined! Claire is quite the lucky little girl!!







Such a cute bookcase, complete with shingled roof, siding and a brick chimney and foundation. Thanks Pa!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to see these pics!! So precious!! I'm glad that she has transitioned so well!! What a sweet girl!!!

Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT room...and I LOVE the bookcase. Great job, Pa!

Pigs said...

That is gorgeous! I'm so glad she's good in there. We've had to take everything out of Piglet's room for his safety. He would scale that dresser in 5 seconds. It's so sad. I love the bookcase, it's beautiful. What will be the age difference on the girls?

Aims said...

Yeah, we figured that we would wake each morning to find all the books on the floor. I am sure that is coming one day, but so far, she has left it alone and only gets books when we sit down with her to read.

We have secured the bookcase so it won't fall on a tiny climber, but that hasn't been an issue yet either. Stay tuned though, I am sure we'll be dealing with that as the months progress!

Oh, and the girls will be 21 months apart if Sarah arrives on time.

fleur said...

Very cute! And I'm especially imressed with the shingles, chimney, and foundation on the bookcase - your dad does amazing work!