Monday, September 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Ahhhhh . . . . we're home. We've actually been home for several days now, but it has taken me several days to get caught up from being away for a week. Looks like we were very lucky as our house sustained absolutely no visible damage from Hurricane Ike. We still have to get up in the attic and check for small leak possibilities, but so far our only loss was the contents of our refrigerator. No biggie, it needed to be cleaned out anyway.

While we were in Dallas, I did get to spend several hours in the ER one night. We thought I was having contractions once again. Turns out? A kidney infection can feel a lot like contractions. Who knew? So that was my diagnosis. I am now taking a lovely dose of antibiotics twice a day to keep the infection at bay. Plus I am drinking enough water and cranberry juice to drown a fish. I am doing everything I can to avoid kidney stones in this pregnancy. My friend, Pigs, dealt with that during her second pregnancy and it didn't sound like any fun at all.

I get to go in this Friday for another sonogram to see if my rogue placenta has migrated to a safe spot for the remainder of this pregnancy. I am hoping all is well because we have a trip to Vegas planned for next week. I would hate to have to cancel all our plans this close to the departure date. I doubt Southwest Airlines has a cancellation clause for troublesome placentas.

Oh, did I mention the trip is kid-free? Yep. My mom is coming to stay with Claire so we can be foot loose and fancy free. Well, as foot loose and fancy free as one can be while almost 6 months pregnant.

1 comment:

Pigs said...

Ooh, so it was a kidney infection?? You didn't update me. I'm with ya on the water, though they limit you when BFing, which I think is weird...we can talk pee later when it's not on such a public forum.