Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rogue Placentas

So last Tuesday I spent the evening timing contractions. Not something one usually prefers to be doing at a mere 20 weeks gestation. The doctor agreed that I might need a look-see so we made an appointment for the next day since the contractions were fairly minor that night. (yeah right, tell that to my aching back!)

Who knows where the contractions came from. They have gone as mysteriously as they came and left me with instructions to "rest and take it easy".

Okay, you try that with a 16 month old. Go ahead, I dare you.

But for the sake of my dear husband and mom, I am staying horizontal during Claire's naps each day and all evening long once Michael gets home.

Now for the fun stuff. I got to have a sonogram as a part of my look-see. They discovered that I have a marginal case of Placenta Previa. Oh goody.

There truly isn't much to worry about at this point. Apparently those little placentas can migrate upward as the pregnancy progresses--quite a freaky thought if you ask me. So we go back in 4 weeks to see if said placenta has indeed, erm . . . migrated. Until then, we just wait and wonder.

I seriously have issues with placentas, apparently. A faulty placenta was the reason for Claire's need to be induced at 37 weeks and now this. I am obviously not a master placenta grower.

On a very happy note, we learned in the sonogram that we are having another girl! I am so glad that Claire will have a little sister so close to her age. BFF right?

Okay, I am off to relax and rest on my left side whilst sipping some water.

No comments: