Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fun With The Fam

As promised, I am going to share some pictures from my brother's recent trip to Alaska. We had so much fun while they were here!

First we went clamming. If you have never experienced the joys of digging up your own clams, you are truly missing out. It was a blast. And we got to enjoy some yummy fresh clam chowder made by my very talented sister-in-law once it was all over.




Then we spent time on a glacier cruise. The entire cruise was beautiful, but my favorite part was seeing all the seals camping out on the chunks of glacier ice. They apparently hang out here because it is more difficult for the Orcas to come and feed on them in all the ice chunks. So this is a pretty safe place for them to have their babies. In this pic, you can see several seals on the ice chunks.


And here is a close up of one of the seals. Nice of her to pose for the camera, huh?

We spent time fishing . . . 


  . . . . and hiking  . . . .


 . . . . even hiking on a glacier.



 We were able to see some pretty amazing animals . . . . 








 . . . . and spend some time cruising our neighborhood on four wheelers.
(yes, that is my sweet Claire under the helmet.)


All of that and my nephew's favorite thing was playing and exploring in our yard . . . . 


I can't say that I blame him. We have a pretty cool yard!

There are so many things I will miss about Alaska. But I am grateful beyond words that the Lord brought us here even if only for a short time. We've been blessed to see amazing sights and to be able to share those sights with many of our family members. Fun, fun, FUN!!!

4 comments:

fleur said...

Oh my word, SO FUN!! Love the pic of the posing seal :) and how closer were you to those other animals?? Such great adventures!!

Aims said...

Fleur- those animals were in a wildlife conservation center so while we could get very, VERY close, they were behind fences so we were nice and safe!

momimi said...

I WANNA SEE A BEAR!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful trip. Thank you for posting this. I am so thankful that we were able to come before you left!