Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Claire's Cut

So posts about my sweet Claire's hair are becoming regular on here. You may remember this one which actually has links to several other posts about her hair. In re-reading that post, I saw a phrase at the bottom that made me laugh. I said, "I am really looking forward to the day when all her locks are long enough to accomplish the basic pony tail. Oh won't that day be nice?" Well, folks, that day came. And it was nice . . . . for me. I could sweep her hair back into a pony tail and it would make the cutest little ringlets. I loved it. However, when her hair was left down, it would friz out and stand on end. I would comb it down all nice and neat and I kid you not that within 2 minutes, it would look like she just crawled out of bed. So the pony tail was the perfect solution for me.

The problem? Claire HATED it. With a passion. It got to the point where Claire would see me coming toward her with comb and detangling spray in hand and would say, "No pony tail!" Often I would swallow my pride and accommodate her. After all, it was her hair wasn't it? But I have to be honest and say that there were some days where I forced the pony tail position just so that I wouldn't look like a mother who never combed her child's hair.

While in Houston, I decided to do a little experiment with her hair. One day we were having a playdate at a dear friend's house. I intentionally left Claire's hair down so that my friend could see my predicament. She and I both agreed that as beautiful as Claire is, her hair needed some help. Here are a few pics of my sweet beautiful girl with her hair down.



So I finally decided to cut her hair off short. After all the waiting to get it long enough for a pony tail, I never thought I'd take her back to short. But I am tired of fighting the battle with her. So I took her to my sweet friend, Renee and she did an amazing job. Here are a few shots of the final result:





And a blurry shot of the back of the hair . . . 


I don't know how long we will keep the short, sassy do, but I love it for now. And so does Claire. She is finally getting her wish. No more pony tails!!

4 comments:

thechristycox said...

I love her hair cut! It looks adorable!

The Nuckols said...

Oh, Aimee, her hair is adorable!!!! That is a sassy, fun haircut. Yeah, Renee!!!! You tell Claire that Miss Lacy loves her hair. It reminds me of Karis' a little bit. Hope it is easy for you to do.

Anonymous said...

I love the cut! It looks a lot easier to take care of. Think you could do it yourself next time?
Mikel

momimi said...

I love, Love, LOVE the new DO!!!