Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Frequent Flyer

So I was all poised to type up an entry about my feelings on shopping carts when Sarah woke up from her nap with a fever. So I called the doctor and they agreed to see her immediately. Now, if you have stopped keeping track (or never started) that makes 4 doctor visits in 4 weeks. Seriously. I feel certain that they are preparing my frequent flyer card as we speak.

My doctor's husband apparently keeps up with her appointments and schedules on his computer and he even called her today and said, "What is up with Evans' coming in today? You'd better check that baby over real good." Lovely.

So we entered the doctor's office with a baby running 102 and left with a diagnosis of Hand Food Mouth Disease.  Want to hear the kicker? Do ya? I have it too. Yep, that's right. As the doctor was explaining all the symptoms and duration mumbo jumbo I asked if Claire was likely to get this from her sister. She said that in older children and adults, it only results in mild fever and a slightly scratchy throat. (symptoms, by the way, that I have been dealing with over the past two days assuming I was just reacting to pollen.) When I told the doctor that I had those symptoms, she looked in my throat and confirmed my own diagnosis. Again . . . lovely.

So I am off to medicate my baby with Tylenol/Codeine. I wonder if I should take a nip off of it too. At least one of us should sleep well tonight.

5 comments:

Julie P. said...

We too have been frequent flyers to the doctor office! I've been 5 times in 4 weeks with Rilyn ear infection, Ella strep, me strep, Asher well check, and then Asher HERPANGINA!!! I thought it was an STD when she said it-but no-throat ulcers-nice!!! :-P

Pigs said...

OH my gosh that is so, so not funny! Which does not at ALL explain why I can't stop giggling! I'm having flashbacks to your vertigo a few years ago...

When Piglet had HFM a couple years ago, my mom kept calling it "Hoof and Mouth" or whatever it is that live stock can catch. Good luck with that...

Mindy said...

Yeah....so I guess we will NOT be residing at Casa Evans tomorrow :( Hope you are ALL better soon!!!! Love you guys!

Aims said...

Ahhh, Mindy. You are still welcome. The guest room door remains closed at all times so all the HFMD cooties should be far away from there. However, I do understand your hesitation. Don't know what these cooties will do to sweet little Ruby.If you still want to come, just let me know!

Misty said...

Sorry friend :(. Let me know if you need some help.