Thursday, April 15, 2010

Strange Dreams and Ear Infections

This morning I woke up intending to hit the ground running. I had quite a lot to do today. At 6:00 AM, I rolled over and turned on the radio. Then I rolled back onto my pillow for a moment to reflect on what I needed to do today. After a short moment, I jumped up and made my bed. Then I took a quick shower, got dressed, dried and fixed my hair and put on make-up. I was raring to go. The day has started off right. I was just about to head on to my next task when I woke up. Yep. I dreamed the whole thing. Can you believe that? The turning on of the radio actually happened. The rolling back onto my pillow for a moment actually happened. But the rest? A dream. Unbelievable. I hate getting ready in the mornings. I am always glad when I am done and can start the day, but getting started is always my downfall. And here I was proud of myself because I got ready so fast only to find out it was all a dream. Because the radio was blaring in my ear as I was sleeping, my morning show made it's way into my dream and made it seem even more real.

So then I had to drag myself out of bed and get ready ALL OVER AGAIN. But this time, I had to do it in hyper speed because I had now overslept to the point that I had very little time to get myself ready and get the girls up, fed, and dressed so I could take them to the doctor's office.

The doctor's visit was for Sarah. She was diagnosed with an ear infection last week and didn't seem to be getting any better. When we went today we found that not only was her infected ear still infected, but that now the other ear has joined in on the fun. So now she is on her second round of antibiotics.

Oh, and we had to change doctors again. You may recall my great doctor search of 2009. Well thanks to my awesome church friends, I did find a doctor I loved. The practice is efficient (I've never, EVER waited more than 5 minutes to see the doctor), the nurses are super sweet and the doctor was a dream!! But last week, the doctor told me that she was leaving the practice to spend more time with her family. I admire that. I really do. But ARGH!!!!!!! It is so hard for me to find a doctor I like and now that I had one I was devastated to think that I was about to have to start a whole new search. (Do you like how it's all about me? I really need to work on that.) Fortunately, we were seen today by one of the other doctors in the practice and I really liked her as well. So for now all is well--except, of course, for poor Sarah's little ears.

Okay time to go be productive. I have to clean the bathrooms, fold laundry and start supper before the girls wake from their naps. Boy am I going to be furious if I do all that work and then suddenly wake to find I dreamed it all.

2 comments:

momimi said...

This is a FANTASTIC piece of writing! LOVE IT-LOVE IT-LOVE IT!

Pigs said...

Ha ha ha ha! I love this. I just read it to my mom. Good job blogging, girl!!