Monday, April 19, 2010

Simplistic

I ventured out to Hobby Lobby this morning to get supplies for Claire's birthday party. More on that later.

There were several items on my list and I found most of them. But I was having trouble finding one particular item. I hunted down a sales associate and asked if she could point me in the right direction. She happily told me that the item in question was located in "Crafts".

Really? Crafts? In a CRAFT store? A little generic don't you think? Still not having a clue where to go search, I asked her if she could point me in the right direction. She went above and beyond by actually walking me back to the area to which she was referring and all was well.

I found it a little humorous, but nothing too noteworthy until I got checked out and got my receipt:

I will inform you that I did not buy a single card. nor did I buy a scrapbook. Apparently they are keeping it simple at Hobby Lobby these days. Descriptions that are short and sweet must make for a stress free inventory day. 

I just hope I don't have to take anything back because I have no clue how they'll know which item is the $7.99 craft and which on is the $2.99 craft. 

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

Oh my dear how I love Hobby Lobby receipts b/c they are so simple! I can take back all the crappy scrapbook stickers my mom buys me (without giving my a receipt-thx mom) and use my old receipts that I keep when I buy 'scrapbook' stuff. They never even blink an eye. :-)