Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Planning

Claire's birthday is Saturday. She will be 3 years old. This fact is crazy to me. I can remember things from when I was three. Granted, they are just snap shots of memory, but still. It is scary to know that I can no longer hide behind the idea that she will never remember my little . . . er . . . . big mistakes. At this point, any one thing could become a significant memory for her to carry through her entire life. GULP. 

So in the vein of making memories, I let her choose the theme for her birthday party this year. Last year, the theme was, "We-Just-Had-A-Baby-And-Mommy-Isn't-Up-To-Planning-A-Party-So-It's-Just-You-Me-Daddy-And-Baby-Sister." And as fun as that was, I think Claire wants something a little different this year.

After much debate that mostly centered on various animal themes, Claire finally settled on a princess party. Now don't be fooled, there may be a theme, but we are still keeping it simple. I think we have two of Claire's friends who are coming at the moment. I figure there will be plenty of time for HUGE parties when she is older.  

For this party, I am making a castle cake. I am really excited at the prospect of making this cake. I love being crafty and have grand plans for the cake. That said, it could be a total flop. Often times the plan is much better executed in my head than in reality. I do promise (right hand held high) to post pictures whether good or bad. 

Pictures will be posted on Saturday, so be prepared to either be really impressed, or have a hearty laugh at my expense. 

1 comment:

momimi said...

Now I'm wondering which one of my mistakes became a significant 3-year-old memory that you are still carrying around...GULP.