Friday, April 9, 2010

Just to Start the Flow

Okay no excuses this time. I have been a blogging slacker. Thank you to Pigs for waking me from my blog coma. I had actually been reading several of her posts and felt shame, oh the shame for how well she was doing at her blogging and then I'd look at my page. March 12th. Yep. That is the last time I blogged. Just seeing that date was enough to create writers block in me and I would leave my computer head hung in shame and tell myself there was always tomorrow.

Welcome to tomorrow, Aims. I am going to just ramble about in the hopes that it will re-start all the creative juices and they will flow out of me once more. Sorry if that sounds a little gross.

So we recently invested in a whole-house water filtration system. Which is super-duper nice. Oh my it is nice. My skin has never been so soft and finally, FINALLY my towels smell like the soap I wash them in instead of the chlorine and metals that were alarmingly high in our water.

While I love the system, the process of getting the system was a bit trying. I CANNOT STAND salesmen. Seriously. I don't trust them. There is not one word that comes out of their mouths that I don't question. I do, however, trust my wonderful husband. So when the salesmen show up, we fall into the good cop/bad cop roles and make Fast-Talker McSaley really earn his money. Michael does the majority of the talking while I just stand in the background and listen and glare a bit. From time to time I chime in with a question, but usually I direct the question to Michael because, once more, he is the one I trust. In the end, if Michael says all is okay I relax and the sale is made.

Once all the paperwork was signed the installation process began. I had no idea it would take so many different people to get this thing up and running.

We've had many-a-man come through yea ole house as of late. First there was the installation guy (who was here for about 9 hours one Saturday). Then we had the inspector guy who showed up randomly a week later to check the work that was performed by installation guy. Then Fast-Talker McSaley showed up again today to retest the water to prove to me (the bad cop) that what he said really was true. Oh and? Since we had a new system to make our water all nice and clean, we decided that it would be a good time to replace our water heater. So we had two other men here all morning long to complete that daunting task.

Claire actually asked me today if another man was going to come to our house tomorrow. Great, now I have to worry about her going to church on Sunday and telling her teacher about the numerous men that are frequenting her house. That'll be a fun one to talk my way out of.


(By the way, I tried and tried to come up with a better way to re-arrange that last sentence so it wouldn't end in "of" but I am too tired. So the teacher in me shudders, but the exhausted mom of two won the battle and we are leaving it as written.)

Good night all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to see you back! And if I get a vote -- that you are cognizant of the grammar mistake is, in and of itself, enough!

Elisabeth said...

Well..I am glad to see you blogging again!! I've been missing it!! And..FYI, Nick's boss bought a Ben Franklin in Houston..not sure if they run calls in Katy or not. And...shame on you for not calling Nick for his recommendations since he is pretty much an expert on filters and water heaters!! :)

Pigs said...

What, you don't think it sounds cool to say "That will be a fun one out of which to talk my way"?? Wimp.

Welcome back. ;)