Friday, February 12, 2010

Absence

Sorry for the lack of posting. I have had two sick children off and on for the past couple of weeks. Claire had Swine Flu, which turned out to be probably the mildest virus I've EVER seen. And I am not sure what was wrong with Sarah. Just a random fever and lots of crankiness. Teeth maybe? Whatever it is has been waking them both up at random intervals during the wee hours. I think I am getting up and dealing with children an average of 6 times each night. Not something I am used to.

Anyway, between the two of them trading off high-maintenance behaviors, I've been too busy to sit down and blog.

Currently, I am reading and re-reading the instructions on two inhalers the doctor prescribed for Claire. These inhalers are supposed to get rid of her cough that has been our lovely souvenir from yea old flu. Reading about the side effects of one of the medications makes me prefer the cough. Seriously. One of them says "sudden death" occurred in pre-clinical trials. Yeah, we're not giving that one to Claire.

The other one? Seems pretty mild, but interestingly enough the side effects include: cold, upper respiratory infection and/or bronchitis. Nice.

Okay, I am off to bed to try to catch a little shut eye before one of my beautiful girls wakes me.

Nighty-night.

No comments: