Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fa-Ree-Key

So this post started out as a "comparison-post-to-prove-everyone-wrong" post. See, everyone always tells us how much Sarah looks just like Claire. Michael and I just never saw it. Granted, we knew they looked like sisters. The family resemblance is strong, no doubt. But to say they look "exactly alike" was a stretch to us.

I thought I'd post some pictures of the girls at similar ages in similar poses to "prove" that we were right. But then, once the pictures were up, I was amazed at just how much they DO look alike. Freaky!

I called Michael in and had him take a look and his exact words were, "Wow, I see what everyone has been talking about." They seem to have the exact same features. The only real difference is in the shape of their heads. Claire inherited her Daddy's perfectly round basketball head and Sarah inherited her Mommy's longer, oval shaped head. I think if you were to squash Sarah's little head into a perfect circle, we'd be looking at the same child. (don't worry I won't attempt that . . . . again.)

So here are the pictures that caused me to eat crow. Claire's pics are on the left and Sarah's are on the right. (Is the last half of that sentence even necessary?)


2 comments:

Tammy said...

This is amazing. Our boys are the SAME way! Some pics we have to look at the date just so we can tell them apart (well, Kent does... I know ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bookends!