Thursday, February 12, 2009

First Haircut

Last Saturday we took Claire for her first haircut. It seems weird to me to take a girl for a haircut when she hardly has any hair to cut. I mean, in order for her to look like a girl, shouldn't we let it grow out as long as possible? You'd think so. But her hair had gotten rather unruly to say the least. All the fine baby hair that was growing out was so thin and wispy that every time I combed it, she would end up looking like a bum off the street within 5 minutes.

So I decided it was about time to trim it up and make it look healthy. If she can't look like a girl, she can at least look like her hair has been combed!

We took her to this cute little place called "Little Lords and Ladies". They have fun little chairs shaped like cars as well as cartoons for the kids to watch. But by far Claire's favorite thing was the sucker the lady gave her to enjoy for the duration of the cut.

Here are some pics of the cut complete with a before and after pic at the bottom.




Before:


After:

Oh, and yes, I kept some little clippings of her hair. I am not sure I want them, but since they offer them to you I felt like I'd be a bad mom if I refused them.

3 comments:

Pigs said...

OH my gosh, I love her little show-the-teeth smile! I can't wait to see her kindergarten pictures. That was always my favorite section of the yearbook to look at.

Misty said...

OH my goodness, she looks like such a big girl now! It's amazing when you have #2 how old #1 looks all of a sudden! Cara is 2.5 and still hasn't had a hair cut ;) I'm afraid I'll cut off the curls!

Anonymous said...

Just like her mom...saving those beautiful long locks until it can do her some good!