Friday, October 17, 2008

**UPDATE** Too Old to Enjoy Bare Chests and Pelvic Thrusts

**UPDATE** Heather took some pics and sent them to me. None of the lovely crowd, but plenty of the guys. We actually had serious "nosebleed" seats, but they shut down our section for lack of ticket sales and reseated us in a much better place. There is virtually no zoom on these pictures. We were actually that close. See pics at the bottom.

Yes, I did it. I went to the New Kids on the Block concert last night. Can you believe it? How cool did I look "Hangin' Tough" with my girlfriends and a big pregnant belly. I am proud to at least say that we didn't dress the part as so many of the other ladies did.

I saw WAY too many middle-aged women in black stirrup pants, pink mini skirts and crimped hair. I was surprised by how many of them still had their old 6" in diameter buttons. You know the ones that stretch your shirt out of proportion? Yeah, there were plenty of those.

It was a fun night though. They did a good job of performing all the old favorites with a few of their new ones added to the mix. I will say that certain aspects of the performance did not appeal to my adult mind like they did when I was a pre-teen. I don't really care to see 5 guys doing pelvic thrusts. Then Jordan sang a solo Michael Jackson style. You know? Standing in front of a fan with a white button down shirt completely open so that the shirt billows in the breeze? SO not necessary.

The thing I regret most about the evening was not having my camera there. I completely forgot to take it with me. Otherwise, I'd have some great shots of the audience members to show you. It was great people watching, I tell ya. But before I get too judgemental, I have to remember that I was there too . . . . and had a blast!





2 comments:

The Lyons Family said...

Soooo jealous you got to go!!! Hope y'all had fun - miss ya bunches!

Misty said...

Me too!! I wish I would have just gone, maybe I would have had that baby by now, all the vibrating and loud noise! :)