Friday, June 20, 2008

Long Over-Due Update

Head hung in shame.

Has it really been over two weeks since I posted? Yikes! I was reading Pigs' blog this morning--which she is writing from the hospital after giving birth--and felt even more shame. I figure if she can blog from the hospital, surely I can muster up some sort of blog.

So hmmmm . . . . what's been going on . . . let's see . . . Oh! I spent a week teaching 3rd graders at VBS at my church. That was fun. It was neat to get to get to use my teaching skills again. However, it just reminded me of how much work it is to plan lessons. I was just so grateful I didn't have paper grading, faculty meetings and parent conferences on top of it all. Yep, that fun, yet exhausting week sure made me grateful to be staying at home.

Claire is really mastering the art of walking. She is at the point where she no longer cares to crawl at all. I am loving every minute of it. She has become so much more independent since starting to walk. She will now play happily on her own and is content to just check in with me from time to time to make sure I am still near. This is a major improvement over the child who needed me at her side for each and every moment of the day.

Also we are dog sitting at the moment. Our friends are stuck in the hospital right now doing their best to prevent their twin baby girls from making an early appearance into this world. So their dog, Pixel, is hanging out with us for now. It has really been fun because Claire is IN LOVE with Pixel. It almost makes me want to get a dog of our own. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Wait, don't you already have a dog? What about Padme?" Yeah, yeah, but Padme is a dog in name only. She sits around all day. She doesn't play AT ALL. She really is more of a cat than anything else. Pixel, on the other hand, actually chases a ball when you throw it. Imagine that. Claire has had hours of fun picking up Pixel's toys and playing keep away with her. Quite fun to watch. I may have to try to capture it on video to share on here.

Okay, that's all for now. I promise to keep the posting more regular. I've got many-a grandparent requesting updated Claire pictures. I am working on that too!!

Later!!

No comments: