Sunday, June 22, 2008

Inequality in Toy Accessibility

Guest Poster: Pixel
Dear blogging community:

I am so very confused. Toys are meant to be played with, right? Not looked at, not left in the packages, but played with. Just wanted to make that clear. I adore toys. All types. And I am very good at playing with them.

Now here is the confusing part. I am staying with some friends for awhile and they have this really cool miniature version of themselves they call "Claire". She seems to like playing with me, which I appreciate. I have even reluctantly shared my toys with her.

Keeping in mind my love for toys, imagine my glee when I saw that this "Claire" has an entire room dedicated to . . . . yep that's right . . . . TOYS!! She has more toys than I've ever seen before. The only problem is that they keep them all locked away behind a gate. It is SO cruel to me. I can see right through the gate to the toys, I just can't get to them. Oh how I long to sink my little doggie teeth into at least one of those toys. I just can't figure out how to get in. But one afternoon a miracle happened . . . . the gate was left open!! They must know how very badly I needed to get my paws on one of those toys. They must really love me! Boy did I have fun too. Check out what I managed to do in just 5 minutes:
Now that is some fine quality chewing, folks.

Sadly the bliss was short lived. I was quickly ushered back to the other side of the gate to simply observe the toys. Sigh . . . I wish someone could explain this to me.

A very perplexed,
Pixel

1 comment:

Luis said...

Looks like some Mafia retaliation going on here. Did the babydoll owe Pixel money from a gambling debt?