Thursday, March 20, 2008

If at first you don't succeed . . .

On the 24th of this month, my sweet little baby will be 11 months old. I am dreading this day. Why you ask? Well it isn't because my baby is growing up so fast (which she is) but rather because it means I am going to have to take that darned-ole Cat in the Hat picture.

For my long-time readers, you know that I take a picture of Claire with a Cat in the Hat doll each month so I can document her growth in this first year. I still think it's a great idea and she has had some pretty cute ones in the past. However, I am finding it increasingly difficult to procure a decent one now that she is so . . . . er . . . . wiggly? Yeah, that's the word.

In months past I would sit her down and place the Cat beside her. She would sit there so still and happy with a drooly grin. I had time to take many, many shots until I had just the perfect one.

Now? I am lucky if I can get her face in the shot. Here are some out takes from our attempts at 10 months.



Lovely, huh? So I finally did the only thing a mother could do . . . . I took her picture when she didn't know it was happening!



Awwwww . . . sweet pea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Smart thinkin'! :)

Pigs said...

Very wise, oh clever one. And cute jammies. I like how she sleeps.

David Cox said...

Having tried to do those pics with my kiddos...that really made me laugh!

Christy