Thursday, January 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's amazing how the things I look forward to at Christmas are the EXACT same things I can't wait to do away with afterwards. Let me explain:

#1 Overeating. I always enjoy all the overeating that comes with the season, but towards the end of the holiday? I find myself REALLY wanting to eat well again. My body just feels gross and begs for a cleansing salad.

#2 Christmas travel. I get so excited at the start of a trip. I don't even mind the long car rides because the end justifies the means. But by the end of the trip, (especially with a 8-month-old in tow) I find myself cringing at the thought of even 20 minutes in the car.

#3 Christmas decor. I love to decorate for Christmas. I love the way the house looks inside and out. It gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling inside. But get me home from Christmas travel? It's boxing up time, baby. I completely took down all of my Christmas decor in one evening and what a relief it was!!

#4 Christmas music. Oh how I love all the wonderful Christmas music in the stores and on the radio. But after December 25th, I am ready for regularly scheduled programming on my radio station.

Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to be a Scrooge. I dearly love Christmas and had a wonderful time in all my travels. I guess I am just such a home body that very little pleases me more than getting back into my daily routine.

Poor little Claire doesn't stand a chance does she?

2 comments:

David Cox said...

You sound just like mom, and that's not a bad thing.

Kim said...

oh, that's exactly how i feel, too! (all of them!)