Thursday, July 5, 2007

Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear

I apologize for the lack of posting as of late. We went to visit family and friends and have been out of pocket for a bit. Nothing like a little travel to throw a 2 month old off of her schedule! It was totally worth it though for Claire to get to meet more of her extended family.
We had a lovely little run-in with a TRUCK.

I use all caps because it was a very large truck, with a very strong trailer hitch. The trailer hitch was what caused all the damage. (Actually it was running into the hitch that caused the damage, but I digress.)

I could spend line after line here explaining that it wasn't ACTUALLY my fault considering that another vehicle 3 cars up felt that he was more important than everyone else and decided to change lanes at the last second causing everyone to stop abruptly. But I won't do that. Nope, not me. I won't waste my energy explaining that the TRUCK was so massive that I couldn't see over it to know that the traffic was coming to a screeching halt. You won't find me making excuses such as: "I saw the TRUCK's brake lights, but merely assumed it was a casual brake and before I realized it was a massive stop, it was too late." Nope, I am beyond petty excuses such as that.

I will, however, assure you that everyone was okay. Claire slept through the entire ordeal. We are thanking God every day that the Semi-Truck immediately behind us was able to stop in time and didn't slam into the back of us.

Our van is now stuck in a shop in another state. We are living with one vehicle until the van is repaired and we figure out how to go retrieve it.

Poor little van. It was only 7 months old. Sniff.

5 comments:

David Cox said...

So did you 'break' the lights on the truck or not? Did you see the (broken) lights? How broken is something if it has a 'casual break'? Don't forget to check your BRAKE lights when all is said and done so that folks can see when you are stopping.

HEE HEE...I couldn't resist! I'm glad you guys are all safe!

Have a great week.

Aims said...

Nice catch! This is sadly a case where spell check has failed me. I am now all edited and corrected. And now? Your comment won't make any sense! HA! And apparently it is my ability to spell that is "casually broken".

Pigs said...

Aw. I'm bummed I missed a chance for a good edit. You really shouldn't run into trucks, you know. It's rude. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your little run in. Glad to hear that everyone is safe. Let me know if I can help retrieve the van or anything. I really am doing nothing this summer except sitting around. I could probably even get some girlfriends to make it a road trip!!

Can't wait to see you guys next week!

By the way - Why are you blogging at 4:53 AM?!! I thought Claire was sleeping through the night. :)

Anonymous said...

OK - I just realized that the times were wrong. I guess 6:53 is a little better than 4:53! :)