Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Minor Detail

So Michael and I were chatting about the color of Claire's eyes. They are, of course, blue right now as most new babies eyes are. We were debating how long it will take before we would know if she will keep the blue eyes or if they will turn brown. The conversation went something like this:

Me: I bet they change to brown because they are so dark already.

Michael: Maybe, but it would sure be cool to have a baby with blue eyes considering that neither one of us has blue eyes.

Me: Blank stare. (see picture of my eyes below)
It is lucky for him that I have a good sense of humor. I found the fact that my husband didn't know I had blue eyes more humorous than offensive. Hey, 4 years into the marriage and we are still learning stuff about each other!

6 comments:

Pigs said...

Haaaaaaaaaa! Poor guy. Tyler's are still blue....ish. I think they're going to be some sort of hazel. Isn't that what you call eyes that you can't tell the color?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have laughed this hard all week! Tell Michael it's okay My husband doesn't notice when I change the color of my hair, let alone the color of my eyes! Men... gotta love them!
Kristi

David Cox said...

you wear glasses????

Aims said...

Yep. Carrying your niece around for 9 months changed my prescription to where I can't wear my contacts. I've got a call in to the eye doctor to have it adjusted pronto!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

This one cracked me up! Your blog is so fun to read.