Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My List

Okay, upon prompting from Pigs post, I am now making my list of my top favorite items. However, this is my top 5 favorite baby related items. Since all I do as of late is deal with baby related paraphernalia. These items are in no particular order, but are all must haves if you are dealing with a baby:

1) I absolutely love my Diaper Champ. I had originally registered for a Diaper Genie as a diaper pail, but upon the advice from a friend, I changed over to the Diaper Champ. Not only does it keep out the smell from Claire's masterpieces, but I can use regular trash bags. No need to buy expensive refills as with the Genie.

2) I can not say enough about JOHNSON'S® BEDTIME BATH®. This is magic soap people. When Claire has had a bath with this soap, followed up by the lotion, she not only goes to sleep much easier, but she sleeps SO much longer! I want stock in this stuff.

3) Claire struggles a bit with diaper rash. I have tried several ointments, but the only one that seems to work is Burt's Bees Baby Bee. Use it for a day or two and that rash is gone baby!

4) My child loves to nurse. She HATES to take a bottle. While I usually don't need to give her a bottle, it is nice to have that option should I want the husband to feed her while I go run errands on a weekend. I was told about Playtex Ventaire and tried it out of desperation. Claire took to it like a pro. That is now the only thing that will replace me!

5) I was introduced to The Ultimate Crib Sheet by a fellow new mom at my church. This sheet is amazing!! It sits on top of the fancy sheet and snaps around the slats on the crib. When the baby has a blowout or a major spit-up spell, there is no need to completely disassemble the bed to change the sheet. This sheet unsnaps and can be changed without having to remove the crib bumper or anything!! It is so cottony soft and has a water proof back. Since it sits on top of the pretty sheet, my crib still looks all nice and fashionable from the sides. I bought two so that I can have one on the bed and one in the wash. A must have!!

Now I just need to get these companies to supply me with freebies for the extra advertising they just received!!

Feel free to tell me what your favorite items are (baby related or not) in the comments section. Maybe I can get some good ideas of non-baby related items to try for myself!

6 comments:

Ashley-Michelle said...

Ha, I got a blogspot just so I could stay updated with you and you could with me. :)

Anyway, I'll have to give this post some thought before I respond in my own journal.

Pigs said...

Did I tell you about the Diaper Champ and/or the Ventaire? 'Cause I 100% agree.

I wish Piglet took to that purple bedtime stuff...it riles him up! I had to put it away!

Another favorite: The Halo Sleepsack made out of t-shirt material for summer.

Anonymous said...

Those products sound great! It is amazing how much they invent in just a few years. It is so helpful to find things that really work!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Yep, Pigs, you told me about both Ventaire and the Diaper Champ. GREAT advice!!

Anonymous said...

I can't think of anything. I don't know how you turned out so wonderfully. Look at all the great stuff you had to live without...not to mention me...sigh! Oh yeah...don't forget the Saturday Basket in a couple of years (ha!)

Pigs said...

I knew I was good for something....