Saturday, March 3, 2007

No Need to Clarify

Today I was perusing through some old pictures from some of the vacations the husband and I have been on in the past few years. I ran across one picture that I forgot I had, but am so glad I took.

We were in Florida at one of the many theme parks waiting in line for a ride. Of course, now-a-days, you have to pass a multitude of warning signs to get on any ride that is any sort of fun. I get the need to warn people. I even get the need to post pictures beside the warnings in the event that the potential rider has a reading/language barrier. But does it seriously need to be this graphic?


Maybe it's just me, but a nice profile of a woman with a protruding belly would be enough for me to understand that pregnant people should not ride the ride. Maybe too many women with beer guts were being excluded, thus the need for the "womb view" of the fetus.

Shudder.

5 comments:

Pigs said...

That's hilarious. I love how they included the umbilical cord, just in case there was any ambiguity.

David Cox said...

I always thought that meant you couldn't ride if you liked to wear dresses and had no fingers or toes...I never noticed the picture of the baby. Thanks for 'clarifying'!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the baby's head? Is the father a white man? Is that what it means to have a mixed child?
I gotta say, this picture clears up a lotta things for me. I can't usually grasp the sonogram pictures, but if somebody were to show me this, I'd get it. I've always wondered what was going on in there.
I enjoy your blog, keep it up!

Alexis said...

That's the worst picture of a fetus I've ever seen. It looked like car keys to me at first.
And Nick, I don't know you, but I see what you're saying. However, that curved line at the top is the cord and the head is to the right of it, though slightly misshapen. lol

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. . . I thought the baby had a half white/half black head too. I had the same debate about racially mixed children with the husband!