Friday, July 8, 2011

Feed My Need

Okay, so blog #2 in so many days here. But don't be proud of me yet. Let's see how long I can keep this thing going.

Truth is, I spent way more time uploading pictures to facebook today than I should have. In fact, I got on yea old blog this morning so that I could write a post about some of our Alaskan adventures and quickly shut it down and opted for facebook instead. Why? Well, I am addicted to comments. Yep. There it is.

I love, Love, LOVE to get comments. I think that is why I love facebook so much. When I post pics on facebook, I usually get lots of feedback. On here? Maybe a comment or two. On facebook it really feels like a back and forth relationship with all who are my friends on there. I can hop on facebook and leave a few minutes later feeling connected with everyone.

Blogworld is oh so different. I do get comments, and I love, Love, LOVE reading those too, but it is somehow different. Here, I never know how many people are reading my blog. Could be 1, could be 100. I really don't know. So being the comment addict that I am ashamed to be, I often choose the medium that will better give me my fix.

And this isn't meant to be a slam against my faithful blog readers at all. It really isn't because I am just as guilty. I blog stalk ALL THE TIME. I read my friends blogs and laugh, cry and sigh along with their little antics and rarely do I comment. Why? I really don't know. Why is it so much easier to comment on facebook? My only guess is that it is the back and forth. If I write a comment, and my friend writes back, I get a notification about it. Yeah, baby. I can quickly hop back on and rejoin the convo stat! Not so much with the blog.

But never you fear. I am continuing on with the blog for the benefits it offers me to rant and ramble as long as I like. Can't really do that on facebook. Facebook is for the short and sweet. And anyone who knows me at all knows I am not known for my ability to say anything with only a few words.

So now, for all my friends who read this and do not have facebook accounts, I will first say: GET A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!!! And then, I will put up a few pics from our Alaskan summer. At least what we've experienced so far. Oh how much fun we are having!!!


Such concentration!

Sweet sister love.

Tiny Sarah in a big, big world!

This one will likely get framed soon!

We took a cruise to a glacier. Very cool . . . . literally and figuratively!

Love the mountain reflection in the lake.


We saw orca whales on our cruise.


Humpback whale tail.

We had some fun on our neighbor's zipline.


And now Claire takes a turn.


Beautiful bald eagle in flight.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
momimi said...

What a FANTASTIC place to be!!!

Kristi said...

oh man how I wish we could come visit! Darn Kaitlyn!