Thursday, April 7, 2011

Packing, Packing, Packing

The time is here. We are finally headed back to Houston for some much missed sunshine and warmth!! We are so excited to see all our friends and to attend church at "home" again! Claire is more excited than any of us I think. She has really missed all her friends. We have chosen to celebrate her birthday several weeks early so that we can have a party at Chuck-E-Cheese with all her Houston friends. She is pumped beyond pumped. And she isn't afraid to share her enthusiasm with everyone we meet. Seriously. Her Sunday school teacher, the check out girl at the grocery store, the nice neighbor walking her dog and many other random people have heard this same run-on sentence spew forth from Claire's mouth at breakneck speed:

"We are getting ready to get on a plane to fly to Houston so I can have my birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese and eat my rainbow birthday cake with all my friends and my Nana is coming and is going to bring me a Jasmine doll if she can find it!!!!!!"

I almost typed that entire sentence without spaces so that you could experience just how fast she blurts out that entire ramble.

I've had to remind Claire multiple times that we are NOT going to be staying in our old house. She had convinced herself that not only would we be staying in our former home, but that all our stuff was going to magically appear there so that she would be able to sleep in her own bed the entire time we were there. Poor pumpkin. She really misses "home".

So we will be gone for a solid week. I am sure I will return with many grumbling posts about our insane 12 hour flight (Which, by the way starts at midnight. Yep.) And I will hopefully return with several fun pictures of us all enjoying one of the 3 weeks a year that Houston weather is comfortable.

Now I am off to pack some more. As I type this, my To Do list is smacking me in the back of the head and asking me why I am blogging when there are so many things that still need to be accomplished before we leave.

Cheers!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

yay!!! can't wait to see you guys!!!

Kristi said...

Can't wait!

Noelle said...

I am not sure if there is a specific Jasmine doll that Claire wants, but there is a Jasmine Barbie at the Disney store.

Enjoy the warmth in Houston. Wish I could see you.

Tammy said...

Oh. My. Why oh why are you doing the "red eye" flight again after what happened last time!?!!? I wish I was in Houston to be able to see you!!
PS... thanks again! :)