Monday, January 24, 2011

Writing to Write . . . and a Little Foreshadowing

I have absolutely nothing of consequence to write today. I was hoping for some noteworthy events to transpire so that I could put it all down in narrative form for you, my dear readers. But sadly, I've stayed home all day. Normally this would be my grocery shopping day, but the Window Guy was here. He was replacing all the windows in our bathroom. There were 4 windows and they felt the need to schedule 7 hours time to complete the project. Fortunately, the Guy was an extremely efficient worker and he was done in more like 4 hours. This is a good thing because who wants 4 gaping holes in their house when the temperature is in the 20s outside?

Why replace the windows? Well, this was a left over project from our negotiations with the sellers when we got the house. Apparently, when your windows are close enough to water (i.e. our tub) then the glass should be tempered glass. It's code. We like code around here. Code is very popular with us. Therefore, to be in code, we asked  the sellers to pay for and order the new windows. They agreed and the installation is finally complete. So now, if on the way out of the tub I should slip and fall into one of the windows, I won't have to deal with dangerous shards of glass cascading down on my person and into the tub. Although I can assure you that I will never, EVER be taking a bath in this tub. I have my reasons. Oh yes I do. And I will explain them in a future post. It has nothing to do with baths in general. I really don't mind a good soaking bath. But here? Not gonna happen.

I wish you could see our bathroom. Really I do. It is very, uh, interesting. This bathroom was one of the major negatives I had with this house when we were contemplating the purchase. I told Michael that if we bought this house, I would have to have somewhat free rein to make improvements that would make the bathroom a bit more bearable. He agreed and so I have been on a mission to transform this bathroom with as little out of pocket expense as possible. And never you fear, I am taking before and after pictures. And I am almost finished. I can clearly see the light at the end of this tunnel.  I will share very soon. Maybe in the next week or so. In the mean time, I'm off to paint some more tile.

2 comments:

momimi said...

Who else but you could make me look forward to reading more about a bathroom! Can't wait for the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Aimee, I am so glad you are back in the blogging world. You were missed.

:o)