Friday, July 16, 2010

Happenings

Some might call it writers block. I, however, don't consider myself a writer so I can't officially explain my lack of posting ideas official "writers block". What I believe has happened is that any and all good ideas have been pushed out of my mind and replaced with gobs and gobs of snotty phlegmtastic goodness. Translation: sinus infection. It really is hard to come up with fun things to write about when you are on 4 different medications at one time. I have been living in a sort of "head in the clouds" reality for the past 11 days. I think I am finally on the road to recovery--for the most part and figured I'd better sit down and blog just out of sheer determination.

So prepare yourselves, this could be a very random post.

During the climax of my cootie-fest, I ended up feeling desperate enough to visit one of those after hours clinics. It was the weekend and I really wasn't sure I could make it until Monday. I am sure that there are several clinics with amazing doctors. But the one I visited was a complete joke. I think I've gotten more thorough check-ups from Claire and her Fisher Price doctor's kit. I ended up leaving with a handful of prescriptions for medications that I was already taking over the counter. When I asked if I truly needed the prescriptions since I was basically already on these medications the doctor said, "Um, well probably not." Gee, thanks. When I asked for a diagnosis, I was told that my throat was red and probably sore from all the coughing. Really? No kidding. Well I'll be darned. I can't believe that I didn't figure that part out for myself. Snark, snark, snark.

Over the weekend, we had a wonderful visit from my amazing mother-in-law and niece. That was quite fun. Claire adores her cousin and they played from sun up to sun down. It's a nice break for me because she'd rather me stay out of the "playing" business when her cousin is around. Trust me, I don't mind taking a break from playing the part of Prince Eric as Claire reenacts various scenes from The Little Mermaid.

Today, Sarah turns 18 months old. She is growing so very fast is amazes me. She weighs 29 pounds (95%) and is 33.5 inches tall (93%). This kid is solid let me tell you. I have yet to see someone pick her up without uttering an audible grunt/groan, so great is her girth. And I love it! I think the extra insulation is the main reason I have such good sleepers. Sarah goes down every night at 6:30 and sleeps until 8:00 the next morning. And still takes a 2.5 hour nap every day. Ahhhhhh, bliss. Believe me, I count my blessings. Every. Day.

And tonight? We are hiring our first baby sitter. We are getting together with several other couples to head out to The Melting Pot. Can't wait!! I told Michael that we are not going to know what to do with ourselves after this weekend because we've gotten so accustomed to time away together. We were blessed by my mom with a cruise at the end of June. Then the following weekend, some friends from church (with whom we trade childcare) took the girls so we could have a date night. Then last weekend, my mother-in-law insisted that we go out while she watched the girls. And now this weekend, we head to The Melting Pot! Love it, love it, love it!!!

So there you have it. You are now completely updated with as much rambly-randomness as my clogged brain is capable of in its current foggy state.

Ta.

2 comments:

momimi said...

At least you're writing...I should take a lesson!

Tammy said...

Ugh. Sinus infections = no good. Praying you recover quickly!! Thanks for the "rambly-randomness"... always entertaining. :)