Sunday, June 6, 2010

When There's No Time To Blog . . .

It is only the 6th day of June and already this month has me overwhelmed with its business. Right now I should be prepping for VBS, but instead I have been drawn to my poor neglected blog. But with no time to write anything of substance, I will defalt to the easy way out. When there is no time to blog, I post pics. Enjoy!


We took a family trip to the Fort Worth Zoo!!


And Claire got her first close up experience with birds.


When all is quiet, it usually means trouble is brewing, but this time, I found the girls reading together. 
Soooo sweet!



On Memorial Day, we ventured out for a day at the beach and had a blast! Poor Sarah was dressed in what has to be the most cumbersome swimsuit on the market. 

I felt sorry for her, but honestly she approaches every event with such reckless abandon, I was fearful of how she would handle the ocean. It is a little too vast for me to be comfortable with her in just a swim suit. This kid has so much foam in her suit, I would bet that the entire family could have used her as a flotation device!


Claire absolutely loved the beach! She spent most of her time running up and down the coast. 
Great exercise!!




And Sarah has begun her early attempts at a smile on cue. And, of course, the resulting grin is quite comical. ($20 goes to the reader who can tell me what we had for dinner based on the remnants on her face!)



Wow, that one is almost a genuine smile! But I think the one below is my favorite "attempt" by Sarah. 
Looks like she is in so much pain. 


1 comment:

momimi said...

Actually, it looks like she's leaving a deposit on Aunt Nikki's leg!