Thursday, May 27, 2010

Holy Hectic Week, Batman!

What a week! I've done it to myself, I know but we are maxed out on events this week. And that is not a complaint mind you. I love it when the week is full but not too full. Too much time locked indoors with two children under 3 is not my idea of fun.

We've had grocery shopping, swimming lessons, gymnastics, VBS planning meetings and playgroups. It has been a blissful jumble of business. Seriously. I love it when I have one good solid errand and/or event per day. I am a little perplexed because tomorrow is empty! Nothing to do. Maybe I'll fill up the baby pool in the back yard for some good splashing fun.

So the gymnastics. Claire has been in swimming lessons since April and is doing well. But as summer approaches, the swim club is getting very crowded and crazy which got me thinking that we needed a new summer activity. Thus, gymnastics. She is going to continue swimming through the end of June, but at that point, she will take a swimming hiatus until the fall.

Of course, now comes the chore of figuring out where to take my little tumbler for gymnastics classes. There are so many options in my area. I found 5 places that offered toddler classes and they all offer a free trial class. YES! So I scheduled one free trial class per gym and now have 5 weeks of free gymnastics classes for Claire. Score!  Don't worry, I am not a free loading Mommy who is just out for free lessons. I truly wanted to take a look at each place and actually considered just dropping by each place to check them out. But when I saw the free trials, I decided to give it a shot. That way I could not only see the facilities, but also watch how the instructors interact with Claire and make the choice that is best for her. The best part? Most of these gyms have Mommy and me classes that occur at the same time as the toddler classes. So I am going to get a free trial of those as well so that I don't have to spend the entire hour wrestling Sarah in and out of her stroller. Double score!

I've also been re-writing the curriculum for VBS. Sadly, Lifeway let us down this year and the lessons they offered were quite sad. We have several teachers on our team who have never taught VBS before and needed a little extra guidance to make these lessons flow. So I was able to exercise my passion for curriculum and re-write the lessons. I really had fun with it, but it was a lot of work. While it was fun to nerd out with my teacher skills once again, I am really relieved to have it all done and off my "to be done" list. When I sent the last day off to my director, I had the same feeling that I would get on the last day of school when the last kid headed out the door. Ahhhh, time to relax!

In all this craziness, my house has definitely taken a hit. (see my last post) So I am now off to clean up the destruction that followed the tidal wave also known as Sarah Grace.

Ta ta.

No comments: