Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yackity Yack

I am doing my best to stay on my daily blog streak but this weekend has made it a challenge. Of course, we were busy with Claire's party and also had family in town. But the biggest potential blog-killer was the fact that both, yes BOTH girls have been sick in the past few days.

First there was Sarah's phantom fever. I took her to the doctor and there was no obvious reason for it. She seemed to get better quickly and I thought she was out of the woods until we got her up the other morning and found that she had puked in her sleep. And? It didn't wake her up. Soooooo, she just rolled around in it all night spreading it to the four corners of her crib and smearing it all over her PJs. Yep. That was a fun thing to wake up to. But apparently that was all there was to it. We have seen no more puke since. From Sarah that is.

Then it was Claire's turn. I knew it was a bad sign when my normally ravenous little girl refused food or drink all morning long. We went to Kroger to pick up a few things we were needing and she refused one of their free deli cookies. Now I know something is up. Claire doesn't even call Kroger by it's rightful name. She refers to it as, "The Cookie Store". I kid you not. So for her to refuse the cookie told me were were about to see something wonderful out of this child, literally. And I was not wrong.

We dropped off the items we had purchased and headed to a nearby park to run off some of Sarah's energy. We were there for about 5 minutes when Claire asked to go home so she could go to bed. Wow. So off to the car we head. I got Sarah all buckled in and started the buckling in process for Claire when it happened. I'll spare you the details but know that there was quite a mess to be had. Round 1 hit the car interior. Fortunately, I got her out of the car before round 2 and round 3. Those we left behind on the parking lot to be washed away by the rain one day soon hopefully.

But with a newly empty stomach, Claire was suddenly energetic and ready to play once more. I decided we'd better play it safe and head home just in case. Good call, Mommy. Claire yacked once more as soon as we pulled into the garage. Poor thing. My car, that is.

Happily, I can report that there were no more vomiting episodes out of either of my children. Claire had a temp for the remainder of the day but is now back to her normal, happy, eating self. And now, I am just waiting for my turn. Boy am I hopeful to avoid this. But I am now finding that my fear of getting sick is causing my mind to multiply every little twinge I feel. I am tempted to just forgo eating for the next few days until I know I am out of the woods.

Somehow I don't see that happening.

4 comments:

Meredith Harris said...

i know your kids had fever and the others had not who puked, but not one of the parents has gotten it. So, hang on to the hope that it is just a little person illness :) Praying for a passover!

The Lyons Family said...

Oh no!!! In the car...that's the WORST! I'm convinced tummy bugs are far worse than any other illness, especially with little ones. Praying you and Michael stay healthy, and that the girls are back to their adorable 100% very soon!

Misty said...

Oh sweet, sweet Meredith.....um.....ask me and Val (and my mother in law) about who has had it regarding parents :). Poor Val, I'm pretty sure she had the worst of it :(

momimi said...

See my comment of April 28....EEEEEUUUOOOOOOO!