Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wal-Mart's Redeming Value

I went to Wal-Mart today to pick up our second round of Christmas cards. I usually avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. I know there are towns where the Wal-Mart is super nice and one of the best places to shop. My town? Not one of those places. In my area, Wal-Mart is where you want to go if you are in the market for an anxiety attack, or some REALLY good people watching stories. However, I will say that I have never found a better place for the purchase of Christmas cards. For the procrastinator like myself, this place is bliss. Need proof? We took our family Christmas picture on Saturday evening. I went home, uploaded it and created our cards. They were ready for pick up the next day after church! That filled my heart with some crazy Wal-Mart love.

So I go home and start addressing the cards. I finally reach the point where I am about 3/4 through my list of names and have about 3 cards left. Oops! I totally under-estimated how many cards we'd need. No big deal though, I know I can just order more and they will be ready for pick-up within the hour. Of course, that requires that I get on the computer and actually place the order.

Sadly, I put it off and put it off until today when I finally got my tail in gear and ordered more cards. When I got them home I realized that I misplaced my printout of addresses. You know, the one where I checked off names of those who I'd already sent cards to. GRRRRR. So now, I have no remembrance of who I've sent cards to and who is still yet to receive their card. I can't decide which is worse, not sending a card at all, or sending people a second card. Maybe if I do the latter, they will just think, "Wow, they really, REALLY want us to have a Merry Christmas!"

Really not sure what I am going to do about that. I may just bury my head in the sand on it because I don't have the energy to deal with it now that Michael has what is more than likely Swine Flu. Yep. One day before our Christmas travels are to begin, my sweet husband (who NEVER gets sick) is lying in bed with a very high fever and all the yucky symptoms that go along with having the flu. Fortunately we have a stash of Tamiflu at the house so we are self-diagnosing (since no doctor will see him) and self-medicating. Here is hoping that the girls and I can avoid the cooties and stay healthy.

Since some of my dear friends might be missing out on a Christmas card from us this year, I will post it below with my apologies! Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

The Lyons Family said...

Oh girl! I'm so sorry Michael is sick - poor guy. :( Hope he's feeling better soon!

My Christmas cards are still sitting on the coffee table. They've been sufficiently stuffed and licked, but are quite lacking in the destination and postage departments!

Thanks for posting yours on your blog. What a good idea! Maybe next year I'll just email our Christmas card to everyone...?

Merry Crazy Christmas to you, Michael, and the girls! :)

Pigs said...

I got your card, super cute!! Hope Michael gets better...are you going to let him travel?

Elisabeth said...

I got your card and love it!! Feel better Michael...are your travels taking you to Dallas at all????