Monday, October 13, 2008

Long-Overdue-Random Update

So we've been back from Vegas for over a week now. For some reason, when returning from a trip, I can never get myself caught up enough to get back to blogging. Good news is that there are no trips planned anytime between now and when the baby arrives in January, so I will TRULY have no excuse for blogging slackerdom. Sure, let's call that an actual term. Why not?

So we had a great time, but I forgot how much walking is required to see everything along the Vegas strip. Not a big deal to most people, but when you are great with child, walking 5 miles or more a day puts quite a strain on your body. But we survived it and even learned how to play Craps. I have always been curious about that game and Michael took it upon himself to learn the rules and then teach me. What a blast!

Claire did well while home with MiMi. I think she had a little too much fun though. I am still getting requests from her to play all the fun games that MiMi taught her and then relentlessly played with her. I do my best, but I can tell I don't do any of it up to par. Between funny hats made out of coloring book pages, bubble baths and endless story times, Claire has managed to fall in love with yet another grandparent. I am sure she wonders why we live so far away from all of these wonderful people!



As for me, my last doctor's appointment showed that my rogue placenta has indeed migrated north and is now safely position for zero complications. Good right? Let's all breathe a sigh of relief and plan an easy remainder of the pregnancy . . . . . but you know me better than that. They have now discovered that the baby is compressing one of the tubes that lead from my kidney to my bladder. This is causing fluid to build up in the kidney. This was the cause of my wonderful kidney infection while we were in Dallas. So I get to go see a urologist tomorrow so they can do a sonogram of my kidney and assess the problem and decide what to do from here. Ahhhhh . . . . drama. It's so fun. If I've learned anything from Claire's pregnancy and this one, it's that I just have to go with the flow. Who knows how many surprises are in store so I just sit back and trust that God has me and my baby firmly in His grasp and all will be fine one way or the other.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We want to see some pictures of you! It is so fun to see the pregnancy progress. We are praying for your kidney problem.
Christy

Pigs said...

Go with the flow....get it?

Aims said...

Good one, Pigs. I didn't even catch that when I wrote it!

Anonymous said...

Mimi misses Claire too...Pops doesn't look nearly as cute in the paper hats.