Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sanitizing Wipes Are on Aisle 7

While in Wal-Mart the other day a very nice lady and her 4-year-old son approached Claire's stroller with excitement in their eyes.

VNL: Oooooh look Armando, a baby!!

Armando: runs over to take a peek and immediately starts "petting" Claire's hand.

Me: Quietly calculate how many invisible germs must be on Armando's cute little fingers.

VNL: He just loves babies. He can't get enough of them.

Me: smile sweetly as I reluctantly allow Armando to get his baby fix.

Armando: looks up proudly at me and announces, "Guess what??? My rash is all gone now!!"

Me: Uh . . .(pull stroller towards me) . . . wow . . . (grab for a baby wipe) . . . that's great, Armando. You must be so . . . er . . . relieved.

I feel like I've written this blog before. Am I becoming a germaphobe? I mean, I know germs are out there and to try to shield Claire from all of them is silly. I also know she needs some germs to maintain a healthy immune system blah, blah, blah.

That said, I still don't understand why people have to touch her hands and face when they greet her. Don't they know that her hands go right in her mouth?

Anyone know where I can purchase one of those plastic bubbles?
Or is that too extreme? ;o)

1 comment:

Pigs said...

I know. I'm the same way...SO paranoid about Piglet getting sick. Like it's really the end of the world. Actually, it's my world I'm selfishly worried about because I'll be the one who catches it and then has to deal with a sick baby while sick. Bitter, selfish. Whip out those wipes.