Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Very Random Update

Wow. Sorry for the lack of posting. I didn't realize how much work it was to return from vacation with a baby. Top that off with the fact that Claire has decided that naps are for the birds and you have yourself a very busy mom.

Our trip to California was good. We didn't meet any stars, but Claire did get to sit in John Travolta's hands. I think that counts. All went smooth on the flight. Turns out? Claire is a very good traveler on a plane. Sadly, the 12 other babies on our flight were not. I found myself severely conflicted. I so badly sympathized with these parents who were doing their best to keep the ear piercing screams to a minimum, but at the same time, I couldn't help but lament the fact that those screams were keeping my baby from taking a nap.

Thanksgiving was good. We stayed home this year, and while that means I missed seeing most of my family, it also means I was able to keep Claire on schedule. I also took advantage of having both Michael and his mom here to help keep Claire occupied and spent some time getting the Christmas decorations up:

I love that my house has a rotunda in the entry way. It makes the perfect spot for a Christmas tree. Ahhhh . . . lovely rotunda, you are my favorite waste of space!

What else? Hmmm . . Oh, my little pumpkin turned 7 months this week.

What a difference huh? I promise that is the same Cat in the Hat doll. No teeth to speak of yet. I am starting to wonder if she will have to gum down her 1st birthday cake.

Well that concludes what I believe is my most random post to date. Maybe I can keep my focus to one topic on my next entry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random is good! I love the newborn/7-month comparison. What a difference! Claire has gone from "How did I get here?" to "I'm so happy to be here!" The Cat's mood appears to be unchanged.

Anonymous said...

Would like to commiserate about naps. Email me.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the use of your rotunda for the tree - great idea! And Claire keeps getting cuter and cuter...hoping to get to play with her soon!