Monday, October 15, 2007

McHoochie

So I was in a hurry the other day and decided to stop at McDonald's for a quick lunch. Desiring to keep my lunch intake below 1,000 calories, I decided to purchase a Happy Meal. When they asked if I needed a toy for a boy or girl, I said "girl" because sometimes they have cute little stuffed animals that Claire will enjoy.

Much to my surprise, I did not get a toy for a girl. I got a toy for a 16-year-old boy:I was floored. I know that there are Highly-Inappropriately-Dressed-Bratz toys out for purchase at the stores, but you can CHOOSE whether or not to buy that for your child. When purchasing a Happy Meal, you don't know what you're getting until the child has it in his/her little hands. And what child is going to want to give up a toy once they have it?

Imagine the fight that I would have to endure if she were older. I am just glad that Claire is too young to know that there was a potential toy in her midst that her Mommy refused to let her have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In response to recent complaints about their new advertising campaign, designed to appeal to adolescent males between the ages of 13 and 18, a McDonald's spokesperson reportedly quipped, "That's why we call 'em HAPPY meals!"

David Cox said...

uuuuuhhhhh...I don't get it. What's wrong with it. I think you might of posted the wrong picture. Everything looks fine to me...