Thursday, October 4, 2007

Don't Get Googled

Okay, I just found out that if you type in your phone number into the Google search engine, it will pull up your name and address. Seriously. Check it out.

Go on . . . I'll wait . . .

. . . see? Freaky.

I am guessing it only works for those of us who have chosen to have our names listed in the phone book, but I am not sure. Scary stuff.

I can't tell you how many times I've been shopping and was asked to give my telephone number at the register. I didn't love doing that before, but didn't make a fuss. But now? What if there is some creep behind me in line? He/she now has my number, name and address.

Nope, I don't like this at all. Fortunately you can remove your name from this list by clicking on "Phone Listings For ###-###-####" and then choosing the link for removal from the list.

Yikes.

No comments: