Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blursula

I went to the eye doctor for my annual exam today. Seems that having little Claire changed my prescription a bit. I think I am finally back in contact lenses! Know what I've missed most about contact lenses? Getting to wear sun glasses. Oh how I've missed them.

At the doctor's office I was faced with one of my pet peeves: A new doctor with no warning.

I have had a history of bad luck with doctors of all kinds. Let's take for example, the doctor who took a 10 minute phone call WHILE she was in the middle of my examination. I don't mean she left the room to take a call, no no. She chatted it up for 10 minutes while she continued to examine me. HELLO?? That is just one of many examples I could bore you with, but I digress.

To avoid problems such as this, I now go to great lengths to research any doctor I am about to see. I call friends for references, I check their web profile, sometimes I even go and interview the doctor before making my first appointment. So once I have found a doctor I like, I want to see THAT doctor. Go figure.

I was none too pleased today when "Random Doctor" appeared to perform my exam. I haven't had the chance to research RD. For all I know, he just walked in off the street and decided he wanted to try eye exams for fun. Apparently the practice has decided to use RD for the summer months so that "Doctor of Choice" can perform many much needed eye surgeries. That is fine with me, but TELL me about it when I make the appointment. I will gladly postpone my appointment until DoC can see me.

In fairness, RD did a good job as far as I can tell. I have a new prescription but won't know if it works for several hours because he dialated my eyes and everything looks fuzzy. Thus the title of, "Blursula". (Can you name that reference?)

On a brighter note, Claire slept for 9 STRAIGHT HOURS last night. What a wonder child!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these new acronyms! You probably should watch for RD and DoC to "randomly" pop up in some of my "choice" paragraphs in the near future!

David Cox said...

"You're blurry, but you still look a lot like Ursula. You're Blursula!!" 'Friends'

Aims said...

Nice, Dave. Now fess up . . . did you know that one on your own, or did you look it up too?

David Cox said...

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh...


I........looked it up.....

sorry...I'll stop ruining your contests!!

try this one...

'It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps.'

Aims said...

Looking it up doesn't ruin the "contest". I was just curious how much credit to offer you!! :o)

No clue on yours. Maybe someone else in blogworld can ID it.